The holidays in Las Vegas are a chance to celebrate, but they’re also a chance to come together and help those in need. Give back this holiday season with charity drives, special events, and volunteer opportunities in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas Toy Drives
Holiday toy drives are one of the most popular giving campaigns during the winter season. Simply put, it feels good to think about making a child happy with something as simple as a new toy. Check websites before you donate items, as some groups only take gifts for a limited time.
- Polar Express Toy Giveaway: Victory Outreach East Las Vegas, a local church, and the community nonprofit I Love My City are coming together for a toy drive and giveaway. You can even donate remotely from their Amazon wishlist.
- “Fill-the-Truck” Toy Drives: If you notice fire trucks outside Las Vegas Walmart stores this holiday season, there’s no cause for alarm. It’s time for their annual campaign to fill their trucks with toys for local families in need.
If you miss Las Vegas toy drives this winter, quite a few local agencies work with families year-round. The Community Outreach Medical Center hosts toy drives and an adopt-the-family event each holiday season. Still, it is always taking donations to provide medical care to those who need it.
Food Drives in Las Vegas
Food insecurity can feel even worse for needy families during the holiday season. Help ease some of that burden by donating to food drives in Las Vegas. Remember these same organizations after the holiday rush, as donations tend to drop off after the new year.
- Las Vegas Rescue Mission: This organization hosts a free bread pantry and offers food boxes to Las Vegas residents in need throughout the year. They always need non-perishable food items but call ahead if you have a large donation.
- Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth: NPHY works to improve the lives of young people experiencing homelessness. They have a fully-stocked pantry that always needs non-perishable food items.
Many food pantries and organizations with the Las Vegas homeless community also accept gently-used clothing, toiletry items, gift cards, and monetary donations to help them do their work.
Charities to Donate to in Las Vegas
The holiday season is a great time to spread feelings of generosity in the form of a monetary donation. If you’re able, set up a regular donation payment to an organization you care about. The nonprofits will very much appreciate it once the holiday rush is over.
- The Shade Tree: This nonprofit provides safe shelter for the Las Vegas homeless community, focusing on victims of domestic violence and children in crisis. Together with Noah’s Animal House, they allow families to keep their pets nearby.
- 22 Warriors Foundation: This nonprofit in Henderson works to support veterans struggling with mental health. If you’re looking for charity events, they host quite a few each year to raise money for their cause.
Choosing between charities in Las Vegas that are worthy of a donation can be challenging. Choose a cause you care about and look for reputable organizations. It can also mean more to you if you donate to a group that works within your local community.
Volunteer Opportunities in Las Vegas
One of the best ways to give back for the holidays is to donate your time or expertise to an organization needing some helping hands. If you can make that relationship more of a long-term commitment, it becomes the gift that keeps giving. Let’s look at a few nonprofits that could use your volunteer support this holiday season and beyond.
- SafeNest: The SafeNest organization runs ten sites across Clark County for abuse victims. Their first response team is volunteer-led and developed with the Las Vegas Metro Police Department. Check online for minimum commitment requirements.
- Three Square: The food bank distributes millions of meals annually to hungry Nevada residents. Short-term volunteer opportunities involve putting together meals and food boxes. They also need long-term support for meal delivery and in-office help.
Volunteer opportunities in Las Vegas become more meaningful when you feel a connection to an organization’s work. Seek out groups that work in areas you’re already passionate about. At Fast Lane Drive, we work with nonprofits that we know are important to our members.
Join a Charitable Car Club
At Fast Lane Drive, we connect with more than a love of cars. Each car club is dedicated to giving, and charitable work in our communities is a big part of our mission. As we grow our Las Vegas chapter, our goal is to partner with charities throughout the Southern Nevada region.
We’ve worked with nonprofits like Voices for Children, an organization that supports children in foster care, the Ronald McDonald House Charities, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and San Diego Coastkeeper, which works to improve and protect the waters in the region.
The organizations we choose to work with are important to our members, which only helps us form more long-lasting relationships in our communities. If you’re looking for a charitable car club in Las Vegas, join us at Fast Lane Drive.